Have you ever wondered why air conditioners are a necessity in every household, office, factory supermarkets and every other building? Alternatively, why you should install an air conditioner in your house, office or car? Here are some of the reasons why air conditioners are so important and you should have one installed:
- Apart from keeping the room at the desired temperature, they help us have good physical and mental activity. This is because, extreme conditions like heat and humidity might hinder our physical or mental ability and make even the simplest chores difficult to do. Therefore having the temperature and humidity set right, you can relax, do your chores easily and be comfortable wherever you are.
- The lower temperatures created by the air conditioners, especially in hot and humid areas help you reduce the rate of dehydration. Too much heat makes you sweat a lot and as a result, you lose a lot of water. This can be dangerous to your health since over sixty percent of your body activities are water dependent.
- An air conditioner that has a filter helps keep the air clean. This is because; the air filter allows only clean air to get into the building and traps the dirt. This helps keep you healthy especially is the building you are in is built in an area that has a lot of air pollution.
Extra Reasons to Consider Installing an Air Conditioner
There are plenty more reasons as to why you should install an air conditioner. Ultimately, they keep us comfortable and protect us from harsh weather. When you go shopping for an air conditioner, you will realize that there are different types of air conditions. How will you know which one is the right one for you? Here are some of the things you should know before buying or installing an air conditioner.
- Know your reason for installing an air conditioner. This information will help you get the right type of air conditioner. Generally, there are about five types of air conditioners: there is the stand-alone air con system, which is good for those who want to cool only specific areas. These go for as little as £ 150. The second type is window, wall or ceiling mounted air conditioners these is suitable for those looking to cool or warm a single room. They go for as little as £ 500. The third type is the split air conditioner. This is good for those looking to cool or warm more than one room. You can control the temperature from one point. It goes for about £ 600. The fourth kind is the malty split air conditioner. This is able to warm or cool more than four rooms. They require regular maintenance and cost more than split air conditioners. Their prices will depend on the number of rooms you want to warm. The last type is the fixed air con system. These are able to supply cool air through ducts from one room- where they are installed. They go for about £ 12000.
- Know the warranties that are provided for the air conditioner. By knowing the length, what the warranty covers and what it does not cover will help you settle on which model to buy.
- Know the air con installation cost. This will also help you to know which model to buy and from which store to buy.
- Ensure to know the kind of maintenance an air conditioner requires. This is because, it helps you know how frequent to do the maintenance. It also helps you know what kind of air con to buy and which model to buy.
Air Conditioning Installation
Some people fear buying an air conditioner because of the installation process. The fact is some air conditioner has quite a handy installation process. Air-con installation can be done with the hep of installation service providers or the store outdoor service given as an after-sell service . Here are some of the places you can get these services:
There are companies in the UK that deal in air conditioners. These companies will sell you the best air conditioners in the market and make sure it fits the building or car you are buying for. Most of these companies have staffs who are experienced experts in installing air conditioners. After buying the air conditioner, they will give you a specialist to install it for you. The beauty of using staff from the very company you bought it from is that these staff will do a perfect job and leave the air conditioner in perfect working conditions. These companies are such as trox technic, metany among others.
If you bought your air conditioner from a store that does not offer these services, then call the mobile installers. These are companies that specialize in installing and maintaining air conditioners. They might or might not be selling the machines and usually have several employees who are deployed to various stations. If you are looking for their services, all you have to do is call with your address and someone will be sent over. The goodness of such companies is that you can get their information even from the internet. An example of such a company is IT Room Air Conditioning - CommsRoomServices.co.uk.
You can also find air conditioner installers using from this website air conditioning installers UK directory. This directory is detailed and will give you an installer for any kind of air conditioner you may want.
Things to Consider When Choosing Air Conditioning Installer
- Check the qualifications of the installers. Do they have any training? Do they have any proof that they are trained installers? Make sure to check for their lenience and certificate
- Check for their references. Are there any testimonies that they are really good at what they do. There should be a place they can refer you to check their quality.
- Check to see if they have insurance credentials. This will put you at ease that your equipment is safe. Even if it happens that they spoil or break it, then you can easily get it replaced.
Air conditioners are important in every building or car. It is important to have adequate information about the types and models that are available so that you get exactly what you need.
Install your Air Conditioning Units: Get it RIGHT
There are certain parts of the house that we can DIY or “Do It Yourself” while there are those that need to be left to the professionals, and air conditioning installation happens to be one of them. When you install your own air conditioning unit, be it a split or wall-type unit, it needs to be done professionally because it’s very tricky. By default, shops that sell these units will often send over a couple of specialists to accommodate the installation. But the real debate boils down to choosing between DIY and Professional Services. If I can save money on DIY, why should you pay more to get the installation done by professionals?
You cannot afford to make mistakes. Some manufacturers are known to void warranties if you don’t hire them to install the units and you end up destroying the unit in the process.
The time it takes for you to install the unit is a lot longer. Professionals will probably consume half of the entire time it takes you to do the installations.
They already know what they’re doing. They know what to do when it comes to installing a wall-type unit and they know what to do when installing a split-type unit. They even know where to put the units in a particular part of the house for maximum cooling.
Don’t think of having your air conditioning units installed by professionals as an added financial burden. Think of it as a bonus. There’s no telling what could happen when you do the installation on your own. These professional installers will also be able to determine your needs and wants in terms of unit placement, so they will be able to give you the unit’s full potential when it comes to providing cooling power.